The main city of Cocoa Coast, Ilhéus reveals the beauties of a green-blue sea, surrounded by white sand and lined with large palm trees. Along the central coast, the numerous river and islands justify the name of the city. Located in Bahia state, 460 km from Salvador, it’s famous for the cocoa farms and for being the hometown of the Brazilian writer Jorge Amado, author of the novel “Gabriela Cravo e Canela”.
The city’s history is intertwined with the history og the national economy of the fourteenth century, when the raw material of chocolate was the country’s main export product. Ilhéus hosted the main port for product outflow. When you combine all this with the attractive geography, its affable people and the nearby Atlantic rainforest reserves, you realize it’s worth a stopover.
Location: Located on Comandatuba island – no number, in the county of Una onn the south of the state of Bahia, approximately 70 kilometers (43 mi.) away from the city of Ilhéus.
Ilha de Comandatuba s/nº
Una, Bahia – Brazil
ZIP CODE: 45690-000
Phone: (55)73 3686-1122
Total Number of Room Units: 363.
Superior Bungalow: They have central air conditioning, color TV, telephone in the bedroom and bathroom, fridge bar, safe, hair dryer. Ideal for those who like walking, enjoying nature and privacy. The superior bungalows accommodate only 2 persons, who can choose one double bed (queen-size) or two full-size beds. Dimensions: 24,50 m² + 12,20 m² (balcony).
Luxury Bungalow: They have central air conditioning, cable TV, telephone in the bedroom and bathroom, fridge bar, safe, hair dryer. Ideal for those who like walking, enjoying nature and privacy. The luxury bungalows accommodate two adults in a king-size double bed or 2 full-size beds, or two adults and a child up to 12 years old in a folding bed. They also have a room and a veranda with a hammock. Dimensions: 36,10 m² + 10,50 m² (balcony).
Sênior Bungalow: The senior bungalow has central air conditioning, cable LCD 42′ TV, telephone in the bedroom and bathroom, fridge bar, safe, hair dryer. It is exclusive accommodation that accommodates up to 4 persons of the same family. It consists of one bedroom with a king-size bed and another with two full-size beds. The bedrooms are separated by a large living room. It is recommended for a family. It also has a balcony with a hammock. Dimensions: 75,05 m² (usable area) + 21,30 m² (balcony).
Master Bungalow: The master bungalow is an exclusive accommodation that holds up to 6 persons of the same family. It has one bedroom with a king-size bed, bathroom with water massage, cable LCD 42′ TV, DVD, safe, hair dryer, telephone in the bedroom and bathroom. It also has one large living room with a bar and a veranda with a hammock. It has also 2 bedrooms with 2 single size-beds, color TV, hair dryer and telephone, both with private bathrooms and independent entrances, as well as the hall with fridge bar for the two bedrooms, connected via the veranda of the complex. The whole accommodation has central air conditioning. An excellent choice for a family. Dimensions: 114.60 m2 + 33.30 m2 (balcony).
Superior Apartment: Apartments situated in the main block of the hotel, close to the pools, restaurants and service centers. For those who like practicality and convenience. All equipped with central air conditioning, cable TV, telephone in the bedroom and bathroom, fridge bar, safe and hairdryer. They have 1 king-size double bed or 2 full-size beds, and one sofa-bed that allows one more person to be accommodated. Dimensions: Apartment: 31,50 m² + 5,10 m² (balcony).
Deluxe Apartment: All equipped with central air conditioning, cable TV, telephone in the bedroom and the bathroom, fridge bar, safe and hair dryer. They accommodate up to two persons in a king-size bed or in two full-size beds. They have a meal table for two persons and 2 are children aged up to 11 years (in folding beds), or up to 3 adults. Dimensions: Apartment: 32.20 m² + 5.10 m² (balcony) in the west wing or 38.00 m² + 5.10 m² (balcony) on the east wing.
Superior Suite: Situated in the main block of the Hotel close to the pools, restaurants and service centers. This accommodation has two environments, with one living room with cable TV, telephone, fridge bar, safe, meals table for 4 persons and bathroom. One bedroom with color TV, VCR, hair dryer and telephone. All have central air conditioning. It accommodates 2 persons. Dimensions: 62,57 m² + 15,56 m² (balcony).
Luxury Suite: This is accommodation with 2 environments, with one living room with carpet and synthetic materials, bar, washbasin, sound equipment, VCR, meals table for 4 persons and terrace. All with central air conditioning, cable TV, telephone in the bedroom, living room and bathroom, fridge bar, safe, hair dryer. One bedroom with a king-size double bed, closet, bathroom with water massage and terrace. It accommodates 2 persons. Dimensions: 68,98 m² + 15,56 m² (balcony).
Junior Suite: The accommodation is subdivided into bedroom and living room. It has central air conditioning, cable TV, sound equipment, VCR, fridge bar, safe, telephones in the bedroom and bathroom, hair dryer and bathroom with water massage. It accommodates 2 persons. Dimensions: 37,40 m² (usable area) + 5,10 m² (balcony).
Restaurant / Cuisine:
Breakfast: offers a great variety of breads, cold meats and cheeses, juices and hot dishes, as well as regional specialties like beiju, fubá cake and carne seca (jerky).
Lunch: the highlight is poultry, fish and meat (roasted or grilled on demand) and their garnishes offered in a buffet. A salad bar and dessert buffet complete the menu offered.
Dinner: “thematic nights” are offered. Each day of the week has the presentation of a different gastronomic concept, such as, it is possible to try the delicacies of Italian cuisine one night and, on the next the spiciness of Bahian cuisine, among other selected themes.
Hours: Breakfast from 6:00 am to 10:30 am, lunch from 12:00 pm to 3:30 pm, dinner from 7:00 pm to 10:30 pm.
Lunch: Bahia’s cuisine including sea food and fish grilled upon order, as well as snacks and drinks.
Dinner: Mediterranean menu and pizza. Not included in the daily rate.
Hours: Lunch: Open daily from 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm. Dinner: Open daily from 7:00 pm to 10:30 pm.
Giardino Restaurant: Restaurant with a balcony where breakfast and dinner are served during high seasons. Closed during low seasons. Dinner only, from 7:00 pm to 10:30 pm, except on Thursdays.
Beiju Restaurant: Menu prepared specially for children under the supervision of nutritionists. Lunch from 11:00 am to 2:30 pm. Dinner from 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm.
Baby’s Kitchen: For mothers’ comfort and nannies’ convenience now they count on the infrastructure of the Baby’s kitchen, a special space designed for fixing baby’s bottles, foods, and everything else the little ones need for feeding. Open daily from 7 am to 10 pm. Other periods upon request – Guest Service / Reception.
Business / Conference: Our Convention Center has a capacity for 1050 people in a modern, well-equipped environment, with nine work rooms (four of which are modular), as well as the Comandatuba Hall, which can hold up to 600 people.
– Concierge guest service, cyber point, fax, secretarial services (on request), special kitchen for babies, baby-sitter (on request), medical services (24 hours), transport and mobility equipment or disabled guests, laundry services, flight reservations, helicopter service at the airport, ladies and gentelmens hairdresser, stores: jewlery, souvenir and clothing stores, cigar stand and lounge, library, photography, parking lot for vehicles on the mainland.
- Sail boats, diving, kayaks, jet skis, banana boat, water skiing, wake board, windsurf, motorboat and schooner rides, canal and deep sea fishing, bicycles, mini-buggy, paintball, four wheelers, beach track, archery, boules, indoor and outdoor soccer, multi-sports court, squash, wind car, gym, stretching, water exercises, water polo and volleyball, beach volley, badmiton, beach tennis, silk painting, Brazilian dances (axe, lambada, capoeira), ballroom dancing, snooker, table tennis, card games, backgammon, chess, checkers, health club, spinning, saunas, showers, weight lifting, Spa L’Occitane, 18-hole Golf Course, Ecological excursions, tours of the city, play team and childrens programs, childrens playhouse with painting, creative arts studio and games, monitored pool for kids, tarzans house, five bars and a night club.
– Golf: An 18-hole golf course totally integrated with the natural landscape of the island. If you like golf, this is the definitive reason for spending a few days at the Hotel Transamérica Ilha de Comandatuba.
Constructed by the American architect Dan Blakenship, the Comandatuba Ocean Course is between the sea and the mangroves in an environment dominated by centenary coconut trees, sand dunes, beautiful lagoons and native vegetation.
Not to mention about the rich local fauna of capuchin monkeys, birds, foxes, anteaters, and jupatis, which can at any time appear as unexpected obstacles.
– SPA L’Occitane: The SPA L’OCCITANE Les Bains de Provence is the fruit of our imagination and dreams. Cosiness, comfort, tranquillity and elegance are blended in each of our exclusive salles de soins. Each and every treatment is an invitation to relax and rejuvenate. Welcome to Spa L´Occitane Les Bains de Provence. Allow yourself to bask in the simple and elegant atmosphere of Provence. Every detail at the Spa L‘Occitane, from the colours and fragrances to the architecture and decoration, has been specially designed to stimulate your body, mind and spirit to enjoy the pleasure, beauty and well–being that only a five-star SPA can offer.
- Enviroment: The hotel supports the “Instituto Ecotuba” in its efforts to protect the mangroves and sea turtles and offers several ecological tours. Our concern with the enviroment includes waste recycling and compositing for the production of natural fertilizer nutrients, treating water effluents for irrigation and reprocessing cooking oit to produce bio-diesel fuel. We are currently studying the use of wind power.
- General Information: Local temperature ranges from 25ºC to 28ºC. Casual resort/beach type clothes and something less casual at night. Voltage: 220v.