A lovely colonial city, considered a National Historical Monument, located on the Costa Verde (Green Coast), a lush, green corridor that runs along the coastline of Rio de Janeiro. It preserves until today its countless natural and architectural charms. The village was founded in 1667 around the Church of “Nossa Senhora dos Remédios”, its patron saint.
The construction of its old houses and churches reflects the style of that time. The mysterious freemasonry symbols, which decorate its walls, lead our imagination back to the old times of Brazil. The prohibition of motorized vehicles in the historical downtown certainly adds to this feeling of a “time travel”.
Paraty also offers innumerous untouched beaches and small bays with emerald green sea, calm waters and white sand, that are perfect for resting, snorkeling and diving.
Villas de Paraty